Monday, April 7, 2014

Blog 1


Jason Kottke view was and is like mine when talking about blogging. There is not a whole lot that intrigues me about the idea about blogging. I think it is a bunch of nonsense to blog about your interests. He states, “As I've gotten older and the site's readership has increased, I'm less inclined to share my personal life with everyone.” (Kottke) I think that most people are not going to visit your site that often if you just talking about yourself. It feels like dating someone if you only do that. Plus, people can know way too much about you and turn that in to a negative light. I think that I will use blogs to inform people what I am working on as a graphic designer and also to use it promote myself to be able to get clients. You need money to live so I think that it is great if you can make a little change while doing a job. If one was to get information about media for people, than why not get paid for doing that, you are working right? Some people view that otherwise as being greeting. According to article on Jason Kottke one of his friends stopped following him because he had ads for money. He said that his friend wrote on his blog to inform him about the situation. He said, “The moment you slap an ad on your site it changes what that site is. It changes the terms of the dialogue. It just does. Doesn't matter how small the ad is, or how putatively useful: it indicates to me that, rather than being a respected peer with whom you are interested in having a conversation, you now understand me as an eyeball to be monetized.” (Kottke) Everyone point of view is going to differ in a way and that is what makes people unique. I don’t agree with his friend view. I plan on doing everything in my power to make, as much money as I possibly can and I think blogging is a great way in order to make a little change.

No comments:

Post a Comment