Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Cyber-bullying

I never really thought that cyber-bullying was a problem until I saw that young student horrific story. I am so out of the loop with digital media these days because honestly I don't partake in it as much as I used too. Listening to that story made me do some extra research, and I found out some more stories that is just like the one we watched in class. I think how the world is today, with technology leading the way, I fear for our society. If you ever heard the saying, blessing in disguise, well, that is what I think of technology/social media/our lives. Yes, social media is a blessing to get information about stories like this one, but more often than not, people use social media in the wrong way. When I am on Facebook, I see so many post about stupid things that no one cares or has the time for. People disguise themselves so often on social media that you can't tell if they are real or fake. I feel like people just want to boost there morality up. Cyber-bullying is the definition in disguise. People are afraid to confront people in real life so they do it on the web. I would rather have someone tell me to my face then in space. I know I can seem like a beef jerky most of the time, and if people had a problem with me, I hope that they would feel comfortable to tell it to my face instead of in space. It is sad to see a little girl kill herself over a stupid thing, if someone could have told her that it gets better then she might be her today. Technology is growing so rapidly theses days, I fear that there might not be a solution for cyber-bullying.

No comments:

Post a Comment